Saturday, July 21, 2007

this is the place

poetry... I write a bit of it; like most poets I think my own stuff is brilliant at first and then hate it for shit (maybe years) later... then see some redeeming qualities and want to re-write it and then want to leave it the fuck alone and write something new.

I am trying to work my way out of 18 years of backlog; let me know what you think.

a lot of poets will usually say publicly that they have written hundreds or thousands of poems and never mention that they can't stand 95% of their own work...well, I have written hundreds of poems and I can say to the world that at least 95% of it sucks. I do have some favorites, which I will post here.

Not sure what I'll do when I get out from under the weight of having "used to write"...

heavydutyone@gmail.com

one caveat: the formatting of these posts in HTML is too difficult for me to present the correct line breaks and spacing. I think it's important, not concrete poetry important, but it makes a difference. If anybody has any suggestions how to make my blog look exactly like my Word doc, let me know --

No comments: