Thursday, November 16, 1989

no reason

It caught me off guard because
I was, like, not listening
and all of a sudden it came in
and took my heart in its fist
saying pay attention
in real simple terms

and it was one of those times,
not like when your'e hoping
you can find a song that will
fill in the blanks in your head,
but more like it was just true

So I thought of her again
I only think of her like a
million fucking times a day
but this time I just got it,
I got a glimpse of the maze
between our hearts

sometimes I sit alone, you know,
trying to say on paper what it is
that's playing with my heart and mind
like so much monopoly money, like
some fucking game

because sometimes I can see it
like something that's all there
but too close to focus on, for some reason
or no reason

No comments: