Thursday, October 1, 1992

burial

I heard about Billy today
and felt an imploding fireball disintegrate my heart
generate sparks conflagration shriveled hair
muscle slide lives breathes
the earth pulses and claims new flesh every day
acid stone microscopic eyeless worms
blindfold your soul and ignore your pain
grass wind merge with soil and grow
when I press my temples my skull creaks
clocks gears oil burning grease smearing
still frames of memory click by one by one
tears skin hook flesh screaming dying
the hunt for food satisfies more than hunger
massive intake of breath, timeless pulse of heart
smile teeth fear veil hide florid cheeks
chain links rattle by dragging iron balls and dirt
penetrate dark touch sand grab mud with your toes
rocks bone shatter ice skin melt
crush the moments into the shape of a day
coins shower swallow bury spadefuls stems and leaves
turn the earth, expose the soil, flatten the land
bury the dead

No comments: